|Concerned about Hepatitis
Jul 15, 2007
I was working with someone who is Hep c positive and he accidentally rubbed an open cut on my sweater. I'm wondering how long the virus can live off the body in dried blood as the sweater came into contact with some of my other clothes. Should I wash everything?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not consider this an "exposure". No testing recommended.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Epidural Steroid Injections And Aids
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- When Can You Take The Shingles Shot?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Will Happen If Gonorrhea Goes Untreated?
- What Is The Very First Sign Of Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.