|Hepatitis B and Pregnancy
Jul 15, 2007
Is it possible to an unborn child to acquire hep B from a mother who is been positive to hep B for almost 3 years?Is there any vaccination to be given to the child as soon as the mother gave birth?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulin are extremely effective in preventing transmission. Discuss this with your OB doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Cunilingus
- Rubbing Against Someone Should I Get Test For HIV
- Rubbing Penis Risk Of Getting HIV
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Rubbing Vagina?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.