|Hepatitis B and Pregnancy
Jul 15, 2007
Is it possible to an unborn child to acquire hep B from a mother who is been positive to hep B for almost 3 years?Is there any vaccination to be given to the child as soon as the mother gave birth?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B vaccine and immunoglobulin are extremely effective in preventing transmission. Discuss this with your OB doctor.
Concerned about Hepatitis
- Hiv Phobia Symptoms
- How Can I Get Tested To See If I Am Immune To Hiv?
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
- Probability Of Hiv Transmission With Condom
- When Would Know If You Have Herpes After Coming In Contact?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.