|help with results
Jul 15, 2007
I tested Negative for HBsAG screen and positive for Hep B Core Ab, IGM. I had all my hep shots four years ago. What do these results mean and am I contagious?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
An hepatitis B IgM should only be requested if someone is concerned about acute hepatitis B in the setting of risk and elevated liver function tests. I can't comment further without information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Night Sweats?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.