|help with results
Jul 15, 2007
I tested Negative for HBsAG screen and positive for Hep B Core Ab, IGM. I had all my hep shots four years ago. What do these results mean and am I contagious?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
An hepatitis B IgM should only be requested if someone is concerned about acute hepatitis B in the setting of risk and elevated liver function tests. I can't comment further without information.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Lisinopril Make Neuropathy Worse?
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- Where Does Hpv Enter The Body?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens If Herpes Is Not Treated?
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.