Jul 15, 2007
I am not co-infected but I have a question. On my liver biopsy results, my HCV Ab level was 58.6 compared to normal level of 0.0-0.9. What is HCV Ab and what does this reading mean? I'm really stressed over this! Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your hepatitis C antibody is reactive consistent with prior exposure.
Criteria for HBV-DNA +ve
Hepatitus C and sexual transmission
- Hiv Knee And Elbow Pain
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Non Sexual Ways Can Herpes Be Spread?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.