|what is e antigen nonreactive?
Jul 15, 2007
i have hepatitis b and ive been taking hepsera for 3 years now. i was told today by my doctor that my lab result shows that the e antigen is nonreactive and he said that wasnt good. 6 months ago it was reactive and now its non reactive? what does that mean? he jus told me to stop taking hepsera and ill see him in 6 months.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would want to know what the HBV DNA result is -- if it is suppressed that would be great news. If so, I would check the HBe Antibody as well. If that is positive, then that would be additional great news.
Perhaps your physician also found out that the virus has broken through as well. But you did not include a DNA level in this correspondence, so I urge you to ask about that.
high ALT. Hep C neg
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- How Fast Do Genital Warts Spread?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.