what is e antigen nonreactive?

i have hepatitis b and ive been taking hepsera for 3 years now. i was told today by my doctor that my lab result shows that the e antigen is nonreactive and he said that wasnt good. 6 months ago it was reactive and now its non reactive? what does that mean? he jus told me to stop taking hepsera and ill see him in 6 months.

I would want to know what the HBV DNA result is -- if it is suppressed that would be great news. If so, I would check the HBe Antibody as well. If that is positive, then that would be additional great news.

Perhaps your physician also found out that the virus has broken through as well. But you did not include a DNA level in this correspondence, so I urge you to ask about that.

Pancreatitis!!!!
high ALT. Hep C neg