HCV from staple removal

Hi, I was removing staples from a patients scalp laceration. I was using gloves. One of the staples wouldn't drop off the tool, so I nudged it with my finger. The staple tip gently pressed into the glove. I don't think it pierced the glove.It definitely didn't go through my skin It basically stuck against the glove. I don't know if there was a microperforation. I did not see any blood on my finger or feel a prick. I guess I am being paranoid but wanted to know what you thought. The patient is in his late eighties, no known risk, but you never know. I told the doctor where I work, he said if it didn't pierce the skin, I shouldn't worry. Should I be concerned? Thanks

I would agree that if it didn't pierce the skin, not to give this any further thought.

HEPA B.
hep c from food