Apr 11, 2001
Is it possible for pets such as a dog, living with someone who has HIV or Hepatitis to contract or carry the virus?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Viral hepatitis viruses only affect humans.There may be other different viruses that may cause hepatitis in our pets.Research in viral hepatitis ,sometimes require the injection of viral particles in primates,that are similar but not identical to the human viruses.
Liver function test
HIV and Hepatitis
- Heterosexual Vaginal Sex Should I Be Worried About Hiv
- Can You Catch A Std Or Hiv From A Shaving Razor?
- How Does And A Woman With Hiv Infect A Man That Is Not Infected?
- Can You Catch Hiv From A Scratch?
- If You Have Blood Tested Can They Tell If You Have Hiv?
- Do Doctors Automatically Check For Hiv When Doing Routine Blood Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.