Apr 11, 2001
Is it possible for pets such as a dog, living with someone who has HIV or Hepatitis to contract or carry the virus?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Viral hepatitis viruses only affect humans.There may be other different viruses that may cause hepatitis in our pets.Research in viral hepatitis ,sometimes require the injection of viral particles in primates,that are similar but not identical to the human viruses.
Liver function test
HIV and Hepatitis
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.