Apr 11, 2001
Is it possible for pets such as a dog, living with someone who has HIV or Hepatitis to contract or carry the virus?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Viral hepatitis viruses only affect humans.There may be other different viruses that may cause hepatitis in our pets.Research in viral hepatitis ,sometimes require the injection of viral particles in primates,that are similar but not identical to the human viruses.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sharing A Cigarette?
- Can You Get AIDS From Deep Kissing?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get HIV From Performing Oral Sex?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Giving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.