|Liver function test
Apr 11, 2001
I recently had a liver function test and a had a very slightly high bilirubin result which my Dr said was nothing to worry about, the rest of the test was fine. I have read somewhere that abnormal findings in LFT's could be an early sign of HIV, is this true?
Many thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Mild elevation of hepatic tests can be the only sign of hepatitis ,specially hepatitis C.An increase in the bilirubin can be seen in benign congenital diseases of the bile metabolism,and not be associated to hepatitis.There are no tests of liver function that are associated to HIV.
Hep B ,and marriage
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Can A Strep Test Be Positive For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.