Persistent Chronycal Hep

Dear Dr.,I commend you on your dedication to this forum - your hard work is greatly appreciated. My mother has been diagnosed for 2 years now with persistent chronycal hepatitis (no type a,b,c defined). What kind of hep is this? What treatment would you recommend? What would you think about a naturiste treatment with Aloe Vera? I thank you sincerely.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The term "chronic hepatitis". is usually reserved to "chronic viral hepatitis"You say that your mother has no viral hepatitis diagnosed,so I assume, you are referring to chronic elevation of hepatic tests,or other abnormalities of the liver size or appearance.There are many non viral causes for liver disease,and the treatment will vary.The natural treatment that you describe, will not harm her but probably will not be of much benefit either.

HepB+ ,lifetime carrier?!
Hep B ,and marriage