Apr 11, 2001
I recently had my genotype testing done which came back as a 2b, 1ml. copies. I understand this is a mid to high range viral load, and that genotype 2b is a better responder to combo. therapy. Can you tell me more? Thanks for any information you can give.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
There are around 150 major sub-groups of HCV based on genetic variance.The main groups,1-6 ,are seen in different geographical regions.Gen 1 is the most common in U.S.Only 20-30% of cases are non 1.Genotype 2 patients, respond much better to combination treatment and to pegylated interferons.The preliminary data of Pegasys and Ribavirin showed a 100% end of treatment response.
Understanding terminology of liver biopsy
hepatitis B vaccine reaction?
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.