Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hep B+ : Need Advise on Recent Reports
Jul 4, 2007

Hi,

I am a patient of Hepatitis B. It was detected in early 2005 and HBV DNA test showed virus load very high above 2,83,00,000 in April 2005.

I started my treatment ( 1 tab Lamivudine everyday and 1 injection of viralferonpeg everyweek) in Jan 2006 and continued both for 52 weeks but as per reports I was unresponsive because virus load was fluctuating and sometimes was very high and sometimes very low.

In Jan 2007 another treatment started and this time I was taking combination of Lamivudine , Adefovir daily and 2 Zadaxin injections weekly. When I started my treatment this january my precore mutants was HBeAg-ve, AntiHb+ve with HBVDNA +ve and virus load at that point was 1,00,000( viral copies / ml plasma ).

I got 2 HBV DNA tests done in last 2 months and 1st report in March 2003 showed virus load of 500( viral copies / ml plasma )and recent test done in may end shows it Less than detectable limit (<100)

I am still on my treatment. I want to know what should be done at this point of time.

Will I be every 100% -ive from Hepatitis B.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would continue therapy for a minimum of three years since your chance of relapse is so high. At that time hopefully there will be more information about what should be done.

Previous
Aids Diagnosis
Next
hep C exposure healthcare worker

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.