Aids Diagnosis

My son was recently diagnosed with HIV then 1 month later given a diagnosis of Aids due to syptoms and a CD4 count of 64 and viral load of 491,000. I know that things are constantly changing and facts we thought were true several years ago have now been dispelled. I have searched the forum and cannot find an answer to the following question that is dated later than 2004. So I am asking again. Once you have been diagnosed with Aids do you even just go back to HIV? Or is it "once Aids always Aids"? I appreciate your website. It has helped me to understand things much better in regards to my son.

In the future please refer your questions to the HIV forum.

I will answer that the choice of this CD4 cut-off is to separate HIV infection from more advanced immunosuppression called "AIDS". However, the available medications have changed the face of AIDS - patients who take these medications regularly do extremely well and can live long productive lives because the medications do work. CD4 cells rise over time.

Your son will do well as long as he takes his treatment.

hbv vaccine
Hep B+ : Need Advise on Recent Reports