|Test Results for Hep B
Jul 4, 2007
My original test said I was borderline then positive after a confirmation, however my second opinion test said Hep B surface antigen w/confirmation hep b surface antigen (non-reactive) hep b core IGM (non-reactive)the test also says "this is an acute hepatitis panel" does that mean that if i was exposed more than a year ago that the results would show non reactive since it was an acute testing only? Or would the surface antigen show non reactive no matter how long a duration from exposure? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you do not have HBV infection
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush During Seroconversion
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.