EMT needs some help

I am an EMT, Earlier today I was transporting an emergancy and the pt was female that had hep-c and a cath bag, after we sheet lifted the pt to the cot The cath tubing had gotten stuck in the rail so we disconnected it so it would not break and urine shot up into my eye. I was wondering if I could have gotten hep-c due to this and if i should go get tested because of this incident. Thanks doc

-Aaron

I always give the same answer to health care providers - always get tested if there is any concern for risk - this is protective to you!

With that said, your chance of HCV acquisition is basically nil. I know of only one case of transmission through mucosal membranes.

Hep C
Hepatitis B