HBeAg Positive

Hello, I was diagnosed with active Hep B Chronic virus in March 2003. Fibrosis level: 1.5. Since then I have been taking Lamiduvine 100 mg. After the first 3 months of Lamiduvine, my HBV-DNA became indetectable (<1000 copies/ml). But after more than 4 years of Lamiduvine, my HBeAg is still positive with now 1.17 s/co (latest lab test). Actually the HBeAg level has been varying between 1.17 - 1.5 for the last 2 - 3 years. HBsAg (+) >250IU/ml; Anti-HBs (-) 0mIU/ml ; Anti-HBe (-) 1.55 s/co ; Anti-HBc (+) 9.07 s/co My liver test lab show normal every time we have one, I get tested and see the doctor every 3-4 months and every time, the doctor spends 30 sec with me and says I am fine. I was in CA before but have been in China for about 3 years now. I know that China uses different limits. Is that Chinese docotor right or shall we do something else? Please let me know what you think. Shall I keep on using Lamiduvine? Or is it better to change treatment? Is thre a risk for kidney problems due to long term Lamiduvine treatment? Thanks a lot,

Cathy

Viral suppression on treatment is great. Your doctor is continuing therapy since the chance of relapse is high with your E antigen being positive.

Lamivudine appears to be a safe drug and has a good track record. Continue monitoring.

Hepatitis
Hep C