Jul 4, 2007
Hi, is dried blood a risk of contamination? can I get infected by viruses like Hepatitis and HIV by dried blood?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are some data that suggest that viruses can live for some time in dried blood - however, I have never read a report that clearly defined that a person CONTRACTED a virus from dried blood - which is a totally different issue.
Hep C contaminated water
Skin rash after treatment.
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.