Jul 4, 2007
Hi, is dried blood a risk of contamination? can I get infected by viruses like Hepatitis and HIV by dried blood?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are some data that suggest that viruses can live for some time in dried blood - however, I have never read a report that clearly defined that a person CONTRACTED a virus from dried blood - which is a totally different issue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dried Blood Risks
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.