|help! unprocted sex with a person who has HBV
Jul 4, 2007
I am a 25 male who recently had unprotecded vaginal sex with someone who latter told me that they have HBV.
It lasted for approximately 20 mins without me coming, although there were obviously pre-cum ejaculations. What are my statistical chances of contracting this disease?
Also, it has been 17 days since the exposure risk. Is a course of hep b vaccinations too late.
Please help - really worried.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect your risk is extremely low. I would simply get vaccinated for hepatitis B so in the future you will be protected.
I would also use condoms to protect yourself from all STDS.
Question re: catching Hepatitus C from cutting finger
hepb and residency training
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.