hbv and pregnancy

I am 7 month pregnant and my recent test result:

HBV DNA, QN, PCR(iu/ml): 105000 HBV DNA, QN, PCR(copies/ml): 275900

Liver functions are normal with: AST: 24 ALT: 27

Do I need to take Lamivudine treatment during pregnancy to prevent perinatal transmission? It seems the drug safty of lamivudine is unknown.

Thanks for you advice.

There is not a lot of data on this subject.

There is a study suggesting that lamivudine during the last 8 weeks of pregnancy may be helpful in women with high HBV viral loads (>1000 mEq/ml).You will need to discuss the risks/benefits with your physician.

You should also be aware that lamivudine has been used extensively in HIV infected pregnant women as well since this drug also has activity against other viruses. In general it does appear to be safe and has a good track record in pregnant women.

You will also want to have your baby receive HBV vaccine and immunoglobulin which are very effective in decreasing transmission.

Insulin Resistant Hep-c geno type 1
false hiv + testing_Hepatitis