Understanding terminology of liver biopsy

Hello Doctor, I am diagnosed with Hepatitis C. I appreciate your time in answering the following questions concerning the report of my liver biopsy: What is your definition of clinical stage 3/4 falling short of the criteria for micronodular cirrhosis? Also, under gross description what is the meaning of specimen is totally blocked in one cassette? And lastly, what is the average time from clinical stage 3/4 before my liver will cause me to go on long term disablity. Your response is sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

The hepatic tissue obtained during liver biopsy, is encased in a block of resin like material to be cut very finely and different stains applied.Then, this fine slices are put in a glass slide and are examined under the microscope. There are many classifications for the "staging" of the hepatitis.Some are more detailed than others.The "staging" will discuss:1.Inflamatory changes ;2.Fibrosis.The term crrhosis refers to advanced fibrosis,that usually is assoc. to tho formation of "nodules".We may describe this advanced fibrosis, as complete or incomplete crrhosis. Usually patients with HCV develop cirrhosis in the 20-30 years period or more after infection.

Interferon, is more better?
Genotype 2b