Insulin Resistant Hep-c geno type 1

I took the Peleged Iterferon Ribavirin a few years ago weekly injections and was never completely healed. know my Dr. wants me to take a pilot trial combination with Interferon Alfacon-1, Ribavirin, and Rosiglitazone. I not sure if I should since they can't give me a percent of cure What are your thoughts.

I would definitely consider it. There are emerging data that suggest that patients with insulin resistance (IR) do not respond to HCV treatment as well as patients who do not have IR. This is the rationale to try combination therapy with rosiglitazone, which treats IR.

I am sure that they will check your viral load response after 4 and 12 weeks and by then you will already know your chances of a response.

Best of luck.

Hepatitis B
hbv and pregnancy