Hepatitis B/C

Hi

I recently helped a work colleague clean a cut on her hand and I may have touched her blood (I had a little cut on my hand). About a week later she donated blood and it appears as though it was negative for hep b and c. My question is, if she had recently been infected but it was not enough time for the blood testing to test positive for hep b or c, then is it still possible to pass the virus onto someone else or does the virus need to be 'detectable' before it is possible to pass the virus on?

Thank you for your help.

The risk of contracting hepatitis B or C through blood passing a small cut on your hand - even if she was infected - is extremely small. If she successfully donated blood then you do not need to be concerned about this at all since blood banks check for virus as well as antibodies and antigens.

hepa b - reactive
Hepatitis B