Interferon, is more better?

Dear Doctor, I am currently on the combo treatment. I take 1200 mg daily of the capsules and inject 3mu subq three times per week. My question is what is better larger doses of the injection, or longer duration on the treatment or both? Your time is much appreciated. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

As you are already receiving combination treatment with IFN and RBV, you need to now that response will depend ,in your case, on the genotype and the duration of treatment.If you have genotype 1 ,as is the case in the majority of patients in the U.S.,only 25%of sustained responses are obtained after 48 weeks of treatment.Non 1 genotypes do much better even with only 24 weeks of treatment.High dose IFN ,as in induction therapy,does not seem to increase responses. What seems to be more important is to achieve persistently high blood levels ,as with the newer pegylated interferons.

Safe Sex?? and HBV
Understanding terminology of liver biopsy