Safe Sex?? and HBV

Hi. My husband was recently diagnosed with HBV. I was tested and came back negative. My question is: is there a possibility that he will clear the virus, and that we will not have to have protected sex for the rest of our lives? I am currently getting the necessary vaccinations, but that will be six months they tell me. Please help. I have so many other questions, but this is important to us. Thank you so much for the work that you do.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Almost 97% of all patients infected with HBV will clear the virus,and develop inmmunity.You should have protected sex till you are sure that the vaccine worked and you have inmmunity.If your husband is of the 3% that does not clear the virus after 16 weeks,he will need treatment.

HIV & HBV vaccine
Interferon, is more better?