|HIV & HBV vaccine
Apr 11, 2001
I would be testing for HIV through the ELISA test, soon. Is it OK if I take the vaccine for Heptatis B, before doing the HIV test. Would the vaccine dose interfere with the HIV test results??
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
You can have the HBV vaccine, and that will not affect the HIV testing.The HIV ELISA test, will check for antibodies against proteins of the HIV virus.The HBV vaccine will induce the production of antibodies against proteins of a different virus.
HBV Conversion Possible?
Safe Sex?? and HBV
- Taking Truvada In The Morning Vs The Evening
- How Long Can Hiv Hide In Your System Before Being Detected?
- What To Do About Feeling Fatigued And Dizzy With Hep C?
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
- Neuropathy And Ivig Treatment
- What Is More Dangerous Hep B Or C?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.