|HIV & HBV vaccine
Apr 11, 2001
I would be testing for HIV through the ELISA test, soon. Is it OK if I take the vaccine for Heptatis B, before doing the HIV test. Would the vaccine dose interfere with the HIV test results??
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
You can have the HBV vaccine, and that will not affect the HIV testing.The HIV ELISA test, will check for antibodies against proteins of the HIV virus.The HBV vaccine will induce the production of antibodies against proteins of a different virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.