Jun 17, 2007
my mom recently found out she has HEP C. what is considered a high count i believe her count is 63 is that good? is that considered at the dormaint stage? please help me.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect you are asking me to comment on an ALT or AST test which is a measure of enzymes. However, these tests do not tell you whether or not a patient has scarring. The tests for that are non-invasive fibrosis markers or a liver biopsy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.