Jun 17, 2007
my mom recently found out she has HEP C. what is considered a high count i believe her count is 63 is that good? is that considered at the dormaint stage? please help me.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect you are asking me to comment on an ALT or AST test which is a measure of enzymes. However, these tests do not tell you whether or not a patient has scarring. The tests for that are non-invasive fibrosis markers or a liver biopsy.
Regimen Duration Response
Kindly evaluate test results
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.