|hep c and tattoos
Jun 17, 2007
I am wondering what the overall likelyhood of getting infected with hep c at a tattoo parlor is. I got a tattoo in Italy in 2002 at a reputable place but then I've been reading that people who get tattooed outside of the US may be at risk for Hep C. Can you comment on this? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The whole issue is whether you were tattooed with a new needle or not. If you have any nagging concerns, I would simply get tested.
Acute or chronic?
Regimen Duration Response
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- Where Are Herpes Located On The Vagina?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Antibiotics To Take For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.