hep c and tattoos
Jun 17, 2007
I am wondering what the overall likelyhood of getting infected with hep c at a tattoo parlor is. I got a tattoo in Italy in 2002 at a reputable place but then I've been reading that people who get tattooed outside of the US may be at risk for Hep C. Can you comment on this? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
The whole issue is whether you were tattooed with a new needle or not. If you have any nagging concerns, I would simply get tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Pathogen Causes Gonorrhea?
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Are The Side Effects For Men With Herpes?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.