|hep c and tattoos
Jun 17, 2007
I am wondering what the overall likelyhood of getting infected with hep c at a tattoo parlor is. I got a tattoo in Italy in 2002 at a reputable place but then I've been reading that people who get tattooed outside of the US may be at risk for Hep C. Can you comment on this? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The whole issue is whether you were tattooed with a new needle or not. If you have any nagging concerns, I would simply get tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Does Genital Warts Virus Ever Go Away?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.