Can I catch Hepatitis C from scabs on my hand?
Jun 17, 2007
I have a few scabs on my hand caused from my kitten adn a recent paper cut. I was goofing off with a friend adn scratched them with my nails and drew blood. I found out they had hepatitis c and im scared. i dont know what symptoms to look for or if I should ask my doctor, but maybe im just paranoid?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think the chance that this is an exposure of concern is extremely low. If it would help to relieve your anxiety, you can get testing at 3 months and if negative, I would not pursue it any further.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.