Jun 17, 2007
how is it passed? how do i protect myself?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is passed through sharing of injection drugs mainly. It is uncommonly passed through unprotected sex.
Safe sex is always a good idea to protect yourself from other STDs as well.
Infection of HIV/HCV through a saliva-blood contact
very high alt and hiv meds
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
- How Long Before Hiv Can Be Detected?
- How Long Will I Live With Full Blown Aids?
- How Many Minutes Will Hiv Virus Survive Outside The Body?
- Sore Throat And Initial HIV Infection
- The Symptoms Of Chlamydia Or Gonorrhea In The Mouth
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.