Infection of HIV/HCV through a saliva-blood contact

Dear doc,

Some days ago I did a scratch with small bleeding that got in direct contact with a large amount of saliva from a HIV/HCV potential infected individual. I only cleaned the saliva of the guy with my shirtand half an hour later put some alcohol on it. Do you think there is a significant risk of being infected by one of this virus? Should I get tested? How long is the window period for both of this virus (for testing)? What is the probability (statistics) of getting infected in a saliva blood contact with an HIV and with a HCV infected individuals? Thank you so much in advance

L.R.

I would not necessarily recommend testing for this kind of exposure. If you have anxiety however, testing is always reasonable to relieve tension.

types and cures of hep b
hepatits c