HCV & Lymphoma
Jun 17, 2007
My partner of 6 months has HCV. As far as I know I do not have HCV. I recently had a biopsy which is suspicious for lymphoma, and I'm waiting on further testing. The preliminary path report shows BCL-2 is positive. I ran across some information that HCV can somehow increase the chances of getting lymphoma. Can you shed any light on this connection? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is an epidemiologic link. However, if you do not have risk factors for hepatitis C in the past, this would probably not bear importance for you. I would simply get tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Oral Sex On Man Then Had Sex With Wife
- Unprotected Receptive Anal Sex Per 10,000 Exposures
- Unprotected Sex Insertive Vaginal With Prostitute, Uncircumcised
- What Is The Window Period For Herpes?
- Can Broken Skin Transmit Hiv?
- Do I Have To Take A Hiv Test For Immigration Change Of Status Or Marriage In The Usa?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.