|How long does it take Hep C to show up on a test?
Jun 17, 2007
I know like pregnancy, some STD's take awhile before they will show up on a test. Whats the longest it takes for Hepititas C to show up on a test? I am going to get tested and for how long should I keep getting tested before I know I am for sure okay?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C testing after an exposure of concern usually come up antibody positive after 6 to 12 weeks. Uncommonly after six months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- False Positive Hiv Testing And Negative Nat
- How Long Can Hiv Lay Dormant In Your System?
- Hiv With Belly Fat Need To Lose Weight
- How Long Can Hep B And C Live Outside Of Body?
- Jogging For Exercise When You Have Peripheral Neuropathy
- When You Have Hiv Do You Cough And Sneeze And Have A Stuffy Noes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.