|How long does it take Hep C to show up on a test?
Jun 17, 2007
I know like pregnancy, some STD's take awhile before they will show up on a test. Whats the longest it takes for Hepititas C to show up on a test? I am going to get tested and for how long should I keep getting tested before I know I am for sure okay?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C testing after an exposure of concern usually come up antibody positive after 6 to 12 weeks. Uncommonly after six months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Fingering Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blood In Mouth?
- Can U Get AIDS From Licking Vagina?
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Getting Fingered?
- Chance Of Getting AIDS From Oral Sex With No Protection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.