PLEASE HELP. Couldnt find answer anywhere
Jun 17, 2007
Can you contract Hep B or C or HIV for that matter through foreplay such as sucking a women's breast or receiving a handjob?
Regarding another incident, I had negative blood tests for Hep B and C 4 1/2 months post exposure. The CDC says that a blood test will detect Hep B at 1-9 weeks since infection. Is this correct and can i consider myself ok.
Please please answer. I'm Scared
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about the exposures you describe. Yes you do not need further testing. I would get hepatitis B vaccine to decrease you worries and concerns.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Do Shingles Look Like On Your Face?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Tingling All Over Body Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.