Should I tell parents?

I was told by the doctor that I had Hep B sometime in my past and have cleared and am immune to the infection now. He said I also should tell my mother to get checked out as it could have passed down at birth. My mother is a real worry freak and I don't want to say anything unless I really have to. As far as I know she is in great health. I'm 26 and she is 55. Is it likely that she would have had some complications by now if she has the infection. Is it essential that I tell her?

I think it depends on a few things: 1. Do you have obvious risk factors for hepatitis B? If not, then you probably should discuss. 2. What is your hepatitis B result? If it is hepatitis B core and hepatitis surface antibody positive, then I am confident you were exposed and cleared. If you are simply surface antibody positive, may you got the vaccine somewhere along the line. If you just have core antibody positive results, that may be a false positive test (called "isolated hepB core").

POSITIVE HEPATITIS C GENOTYPE 2B
AIDS