Hepatitis C Type 2b
Jun 17, 2007
I have Hepatitis c Type 2b. A positive CMV-IGM ABS. Does this mean I have AIDS?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You have the best type of hepatitis C you can have. The cure rate is extremely high. If you have no contraindications to treatment, I would discuss therapy with your physician. I would also get a 4 week viral load to see if you rapidly clear virus.
Your CMV antibody IgM is difficult to interpret with the clinical context. I have seen IgM fractions staying positive long after clinical symptoms have resolved. If there is an indication for further testing, I would opt for a test of CMV virus itself.
This test itself would NOT suggest AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- White Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.