|Should I be concerned?
Jun 17, 2007
I just had blood work done. My AST is 161, my ALT is 259 and my B12 is 1142. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You have "hepatitis" which simply means that your liver function tests are elevated, but I don't know why. You should have prompt follow-up of these tests to see what direction they are going and to have testing for hepatitis viruses and other causes of liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Blood In Food?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Frottage?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Oral Sex Hooker
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.