Jun 13, 2007
I have HepC my platlets were as low as 58 then back up to 74. what causes platets to drop?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Sometimes liver disease itself can cause low platelets due to "splenic sequestration" or hiding of platelets in the spleen. You should be evaluated by a liver specialist.
Hepatitis B & C
PLEASE PLEASE Answer. So worried
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
- Diarrhea Vomiting And Muscle Pain Early HIV Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.