my fiance has hvc

After having unprotected sex with my fiance several times, she told me that she was infected with hvc.... She assured me that the only way i could get it was blood to blood contact... i have recently found out otherwise.... what should I do?

I think it would be wise to get hepatitis C antibody test just to know your serostatus. It is very uncommon to transmit hepatitis C sexually. It is usually associated with sex with trauma or with concomitant STDs/ulcerative disease.

I suspect you will be antibody negative and then can use condoms if you don't want that 1 to 2 percent chance of transmission.

Your fiance should also be evaluated for treatment to determine if that may be necessary. She should also be vaccinated against hepatitis B and A to be certain that there are no further insults to her liver.

ambiguous test results
Hypatitis A