|ambiguous test results
Jun 13, 2007
I have been an inactive carrier of hep b for 21 years. For twenty years I have been surface antigen positive, surface antibody negative, e antibody positive and e antigen negative. No elevation in liver enzymes for 20 years. And since 2000, I have tested negative on HBV DNA by PCR. *** Here is my question: the last three tests, taken at 6 month intervals, show that my surface antigen in non-reactive BUT I do not have any surface antibodies. Nothing else has changed- still negative by PCR. What does this change mean? Please help!!!!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that you will transition to surface antibody over time. Loss of surface antigen is an excellent result.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.