Jun 5, 2007
I am a 44 yr old female and have recently undergone a PET scan following diagnosis of melanoma. the scan was clear except for something very small about 4mm on my spleen. I have to be re-scanned in 6 weeks. I had Hepatitis A 16 years ago from which I fully recovered. What are the possibilities of the hepatitis causing some lasting abnormality of my spleen which would show up on my PET scan?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would say that this would not at all be related to your hepatitis A.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If You Have Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman On Her Period?
- Interview With Someone Who Has Aids Or Hiv
- Hepatitis C Antibody Titer Value
- Can I Have Hiv From A One Night Stand?
- Can It Take 10 Years For Hiv And Aids To Show Up?
- Can Hiv Take Longer Than 6 Months To Develop Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.