Hepa-B Carrier

Dear Dr. Mcgovern, It is a blessing that we found a doctor like you in the internet whom we can ask. My husband is a hepatitis-B carrier since 1995 but all of us in the family including my children were never infected neither am I for so many years. Is it true that he is only a carrier and not infectious to others? We already had a test and we are all safe. Can he be allowed to work in other country if he is only a carrier? Hoping for your kind reply. Mrs. T, Philippines

It appears that your husband is an inactive carrier. This means that he may have a marker for HBsAg but does not have virus in his blood. This will need monitoring over time by a physician to be certain that this remains the case. I would check bloods every 6 months. This blood test result should not prevent him from working in most fields of interest to him.

hep b test results
Anti HBS Positive