Jun 5, 2007
What if pregnant woman is hepatitis B+?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If a women is hepatitis B surface antigen positive, she needs further evaluation of her hepatitis B blood testing to see if she has virus in her bloodstream. If so, a discussion of the possible use of lamivudine during pregnancy should occur with the physician. However, the most important issue is that the baby will need hepatitis B immunization to prevent transmission. This is very effective.
If Interferon fails
hep b test results
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Toilet Seat?
- Chances Of Converting After 11.5 Week Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.