Jun 5, 2007
Hello Dr. McGovern,
I received one dose of Engirex about 8 years ago. Subsequently 3 days ago I had sex (protected and condom used properly) with an escort in Canada. Within 72 hours I went and received second dose of Engirex. Should I go ahead and ask for Hepatitis B Immunoglobulin. What are chances of contracting Hepatitis B if one uses condom for sexual intercourse. Appreciate your help!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your condom use is exactly what we advocate to prevent hepatitis B. I would not worry about this exposure.
However, I still think it is worth getting hepatitis B vaccine for future protection. I would not get immunoglobulin since I do not consider you at risk for hepatitis B from protected sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Coated Tongue?
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.