hep c related to hiv
May 25, 2007
is hep c a form or the beginning of hiv? Can the use of an infected person's hairbrush cause problems?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C virus is a completely different virus than HIV. Hepatitis C is a flavivirus; HIV a retrovirus. These viruses are spread through blood exposures.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Effect Does Atripla Tablet Have On Someone Without Hiv?
- How Will I Know If I'm Infected With Hiv Or Aids?
- Do People Who Have Hiv Gain Weight?
- Common Lymph Nodes Swelling With Hiv Infections
- Does Sleeping With Someone Who Is Hiv Infected Mean You Will Become Infected?
- Can You Get Hiv If You Use A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.