Hep B vaccine and past exposure

Hi - I was vaccinated for Hep B and after the third dose was tested a few months later for immunity. I was advised that I had not reached a high enough immunity level. Therefore I was given a booster and this brought my levels to a sufficiently high level. However, an ex sexual partner of mine has approached me recently to tell be that they were infected and have cleared Hep B. My concern is that when my Hep B immunity was low I may have been infected at that time and passed it on to family members etc. Or am I correct in thinking that the vaccine would not have worked if I had previously been expose to Hep B? Thanks

No, I wouldn't be concerned about this scenario. You already had testing for your vaccine; your were found not to have the markers of disease so you were vaccinated. Your antibodies were a little sluggish, which can certainly happen.

barber shop incident
Viral Load