|barber shop incident
May 25, 2007
During a haircut, the stylist was very aggressive in using the clippers. She pushed very hard on the back of my neck. Afterwards, my friend checked for bleeding, but said there was not broken skin, except one very small cut. I assume the stylist is similarly very aggressive with other customers. I am afraid that there was blood from a previous customer, and therefore possible hcv and the possiblity is really keeping me from studying for the usmle... I really should know better, but I could really use some assurance
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I think the chance is very very low..However, you should have baseline testing with follow-up just for your own reassurance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.